Robotics Careers: Innovate With Us
If you always find yourself seeking the thrill of solving unsolvable problems and exploring new paths, this is your kind of team. At inVia Robotics, we believe that technology can make a significant and positive impact on people’s lives. We’re doing our part by making it our mission to automate repetitive tasks so people can focus on doing more meaningful work.
Open Robotics Positions
If you have strengths in the following areas and are passionate about industrial robotics, we would like to hear from you. If you’re interested in joining our team and you don’t see a role here that fits with your skillset, please contact us.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CALIFORNIA
inVia Robotics is searching for an experienced manufacturing engineer responsible for designing physical robot mechanisms, producing manufacturing drawings and interfacing with manufacturers to ensure parts are produced to specification.
- Required Skills: Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Design, FEA, Accelerated Lifecycle Testing
- Bonus Skills: CNC Machining / Prototyping
DEVELOPMENT/SUPPORT ENGINEER WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CALIFORNIA
Applicants should be passionate about using the latest technology to solve interesting problems in creative ways. Fast learners who are comfortable in a range of software/customer environments (both known and unknown) are ideal candidates for this position. The applicant must have experience with Linux (Bash, SSH, basic networking, systemd), Python, and databases (PostgreSQL preferred), as well as experience or an interest in learning about deployment technologies such as Ansible, virtualization and containerization (LXC).
- Providing support to live robotic deployments to debug issues and maintain uptime
- Writing and maintaining software (primarily in Python) for a variety of tasks, both planned and unplanned
- Interfacing with client developers to build robust interfaces with their networks and management software
- 2+ years Python experience
- Database experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Linux administration/troubleshooting expertise
- A desire and willingness to learn and apply new skills/technologies
ROBOT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN SAVAGE, MN
The Robot Support Technician will be working in our customers' fulfillment distribution centers nationwide. This field technician position is a first layer of support to the customers' requirements and will be dedicated to supporting and maintaining robot velocity and health during all hours of fulfillment operation.
- Document and maintain processes, as well as perform operational troubleshooting for electrical and mechanical issues
- Complete preventive maintenance routines, documentation, and procedures
- Perform changes and preventive maintenance for batteries
- Communicate via email and chat with centralized Robotics Operations Center (ROC)
- Document robot health and issue resolution data in daily log
- Identify and troubleshoot problems, working diligently to find root causes
- Potentially bend, crouch, kneel, reach, twist, sit, stand, and walk
- Lift tools and totes weighing on average 20-40 lbs.
- Promote and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Some mechanical aptitude - will consider past work, hobbies, and training to assess aptitude for basic troubleshooting and repairs
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and logistically support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled trade training or equivalent technical expertise in Industrial Maintenance or Robotics
- Ambitious and eager to learn - a desire to learn robotics and order fulfillment
- Warehouse picking, packing, or inventory experience a plus
- Familiarity with basic electrical concepts such as voltage and current
- PC competency and familiarity with Linux Operating Systems preferred
- Expert knowledge of Wifi networking a plus
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric; proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors
- Familiarity with basic mechanical tools
- Dexterity with eye/hand coordination, feet (walking for hours at a time), and manual tasks (picking, pinching, holding, grasping)
- Flexibility with work hours and days; some travel may be required
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer-centric manner
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
The Business Development Representative oversees inbound and outbound business development strategy for the sales team in the US market. This role will develop a consultative selling approach, identify prospects based upon a strict qualification criteria, and operate efficiently in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Working with Marketing to develop and support lead generation programs
Detailed forecasting and reporting on the sales pipeline
Work closely with Sales team to identify and transition opportunities at key moments in the sales cycle
Providing input into future product development based upon competitive environment and exposure to customer needs
Perform outbound inside sales activities: Cold calling, email prospecting and LinkedIn outreach
Diligent follow up of inbound sales leads
Assist in coordination of industry trade shows and events
Maintain detailed records for all sales activities via CRM tool
Complete administrative duties for Sales and Marketing teams
Identification and qualification of strong vs weak prospects
Develop industry relationships and partnerships for referral leads
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
3+ years of Sales/Business Development experience
This person must have proven success in identifying, hunting, and qualifying new sales prospects
Strong organization and follow up skills
Excellent written and verbal skills
Work well in a team environment
Proven record of exceeding goals/quotas
Demonstrate professional persistence with both inbound and outbound sales prospects
Experience in e-Commerce, Retail, Logistics & Distribution.
Experience with managing and updating Salesforce.com or similar CRM tools
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for standard daily accounting tasks and will report to the Controller.
- Accurate entry and processing of Accounts Payable invoices into the Company’s ERP system
- Entry of credit card charges for multiple users
- Maintenance of vendor files, electronically and physically
- Research and resolve issues relating to invoice vs. purchase order variances
- Closely monitor accounts payable aging report
- Perform monthly reconciliation of related accounts payable, credit card, and bank accounts
- Perform monthly flux analytics and investigate variances
- Assist with maintenance of fixed asset sub ledger, including additions, dispositions and depreciation expense in accordance to capitalization policy
- Assist with tracking marketing and other budgets as required
- Work with various departments to assist in recording monthly accruals
- Assist in the preparation of annual 1099s
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field strongly preferred
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience required
- Must have understanding of accounting principles related to accruals, expenses, prepaid expenses, chart of accounts
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel (vlookups, pivots, formulas)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Takes initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively
ROBOT DEPLOYMENT OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN WESTLAKE, CA
The Robot Deployment Operations Technician will lead all robot-scaling initiatives. This highly visible role will help plan and execute the transformation of our customers’ distribution centers, allowing inVia robots to maximize order fulfillment for our growing customer base. This unique role includes a mix of engineering problem-solving and operations execution responsibilities, resulting in tangible and fulfilling results.
- Build from scratch \ retrofit warehouses to robotic fulfillment specifications
- Plan and execute large scale and/or global infrastructure deployments within tight deadlines
- Actively participate in deployment planning sessions with project managers, engineers and operations teams
- Attend daily and weekly meetings to ensure customer expectations are understood and addressed; provide status updates
- Provide detailed internal status reports of warehouse progress
- Lead temporary labor teams to accomplish large-scale tasks while ensuring quality
- Create solutions for dynamic issues that arise in the field
- Learn to diagnose and repair robots
- Deploy and make network-accessible server and network infrastructure to support robots
- This job requires 80-90% travel
TIER 2 APPLICATION SUPPORT ENGINEER WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
The Tier 2 Support Engineer works closely with our Robotics Engineering department to understand, deploy, optimize and provide on-going support of the inVia’s automation system. They also help operationalize new features and functionalities for our Tier 1 Support staff in the Robotics Operations Center. This role acts as a point of contact for our Tier 1 ROC Engineers to escalate issues that require in-depth working knowledge and expertise of application and systems that they cannot resolve.
- Serves as an escalation point to resolve application-based issues fielded by Tier 1 support
- Creates and documents processes and procedures for all tasks, systems, and new tools released from Engineering and provides training to the Tier 1 organization
- Become familiar with products and how fulfillment workflows integrate between customer and inVia systems
- Performs queries in PostgreSQL, analyses of service and server logs, and truncating log files to clear space
- Works with Engineering to perform tasks like product validation at early phase of development, before initial roll out to the Operations Department in order to reduce test time and create a clearly defined path from Engineering to Production
- Attends meetings with Engineering in order to provide insight as well as steer efforts for an operationally sound result
- Serves as an escalation point for the Tier1 ROC resources for issues arising in production
- On-call rotation for 24/7 support when applicable
- Improves configurations at new production sites with the goal of creating stability to pass to T1 resources
- Assist the ROC Management in ensuring quality control in a dynamic and scaling environment
- Maintains and improves support quality per organizational KPIs
- Assists T1 in managing production sites as needed
- All robotic system and application provisioning and configuration
- Site optimization in robotic picking simulations to maximize throughput
- Monitors and executes the release of engineering updates into production (robots and application)
- Initial testing and configuration of robotics systems at new customer sites
- Flexibility with work hours and work days
- Ability to prioritize and logistically support multiple production environments at a fast and dynamic pace
- Ambitious, curious, and eager to learn - excited about robotics and logistics
- Linux experience 3-5 years
- Customer service experience
- Monitoring nation-wide or global infrastructure on a 24/7 basis for health and uptime
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- High energy, self-motivation, and a dedication to excellence - motivated to take on difficult and rewarding challenges
- 1 year of PostgreSQL experience or coursework preferred
- Technical Degree or Certification preferred
- Accustomed to 24/7 on-call rotation preferred
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA OR ANY US CITY
The Account Executive owns and executes the full sales cycle including: opportunity qualification; coordination and management of sales support resources; creation and delivery of sales presentations and proposals to prospects; all pre-sale customer communication; and contract negotiation and closure. This role will be required to learn and communicate the inVia value proposition to prospects and serve as a brand enthusiast. The Account Executive will use a consultative selling approach to identify and qualify opportunities, as well as to manage the ongoing business relationship with clients.
- Identify, qualify, and close opportunities that align with inVia’s technology.
- Travel frequently (~60%) to customer locations both pre- and post-sale.
- Forecast and report on the sales pipeline.
- Provide input into go-to-market strategy and future product development based on competitive environment and exposure to customer needs.
- Collaborate with marketing and technology departments to execute sales strategy, as well as introduce enhancements to existing solutions and/or release new products.
- Create and deliver sales pitches via telephone, email, webinar and in-person meetings.
- Collaborate with Sales Development Representative to develop and implement sales strategy across verticals.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level.
- Maintain diligent and professionally persistent follow-up on all leads and opportunities.
- Work with existing customers to educate on latest product developments and identify areas for upsell opportunities.
- Maintain detailed records for all sales activities via CRM tool.
- Develop industry relationships and partnerships for referral leads.
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience selling SaaS solutions required; Warehouse Automation, WMS or ERP experience strongly preferred.
- Proven success in identifying, hunting, and qualifying new sales prospects.
- Strong organization and follow-up skills.
- Work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Experience in e-Commerce, Retail, and/or Logistics & Distribution strongly preferred.
- Experience managing and updating Salesforce or similar CRM tools.
- Experience selling solutions - not transactional products.
- Proven ability to evangelize and educate on new technology.
- Past success building business cases to justify a purchase.
- A sharp focus on goals and a powerful work ethic; obsessive attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, internal and external.
- Able to create leads from own prospecting efforts, leveraging contacts and existing accounts and partners.